Windrise Wind Power Project Connection (2041)
Windrise Wind LP, a wholly owned subsidiary of TransAlta Corporation (TransAlta), has applied to the AESO for transmission system access to connect its proposed Windrise Wind Power Project (Facility) in the Fort Macleod area. TransAlta’s request can be met by the following solution:
- Upgrade the existing Windy Flats 138S substation, including adding one 240/138 kilovolt (kV) transformer and one 138 kV circuit breaker.
- Add one 138 kV transmission line to connect the Facility to the Windy Flats 138S substation in a radial configuration.
- Add or modify associated equipment as required for the above transmission developments.
Notice of Filing
Notice of Filing for the Windrise Wind Power Project Connection [Posted: Nov. 12, 2019]
Need for the Windrise Wind Power Project Connection in the Town of Fort Macleod Area [Posted: Sept. 3, 2019]
Needs Identification Document
Windrise Power Projection Connection Needs Identification Document [Posted: November 28, 2019]
Appendix A - Connection Assessment
Appendix B - Capital Cost Estimates
Appendix C - AESO Participant Involvement Program
Appendix D - Environmental and Land Use Effects Assessment
Appendix E - Information Regarding AUC Rule 007, Section 6.2.2
- AESO NID Filed: Windrise Wind Power Project Connection
- Notice of Filing: Windrise Wind Power Project Connection
- Need Overview: Windrise Wind Power Project Connection