Genesee Units G6 and G7 Connection (2383)(2409)
Capital Power L.P. (Capital Power) has applied to the Alberta Electric System Operator (AESO) for transmission system access to connect its approved Genesee Units G6 and G7 (Facility) in the Warburg area. Capital Power's request can be met by the following solution:
- Modify the existing Genesee 330P substation, including replacing eight 138 kilovolt (kV) circuit breakers with eight new 138 kV circuit breakers, replacing one of the existing 138/500 kV transformers with a new 138/500 kV transformer, and adding four 500 kV circuit breakers.
- Add or modify associated equipment as required for the above transmission developments.
Needs Identification Document
Genesee Units G6 and G7 Connection Checklist [Posted: Jun. 17, 2022]
- Attachment A - TFO Cost Estimate
- Attachment B - Single Line Diagram
Notice of Filing
The AESO intends to file the Genesee Units G6 and G7 Connection Needs Identification Document (NID) application with the Alberta Utilities Commission (AUC) on or after June 17, 2022
- Need for the Genesee Units G6 and G7 Connection in the Warburg area [Posted: Jan. 13, 2022]
- AESO Checklist NID Filed: Genesee Units G6 and G7 Connection
- Notice of Filing: Genesee Units G6 and G7 Connection
- Need Overview: Genesee Units G6 and G7 Connection