Our top priorities are the health and well-being of our employees and stakeholders, and continuing to meet the electricity needs of all Albertans. To learn more about the steps we’re taking during the COVID-19 pandemic read this letter from our President and CEO, Mike Law.
COVID-19 related information
- An Update on the Impact of COVID-19 and Low Oil Prices on Alberta’s Power System [Posted: Dec.3, 2020]
- An Update on the Impact of COVID-19 and Low Oil Prices on Alberta’s Power System [Posted: June 29, 2020]
- Impact of COVID-19 and Low Oil Prices on Alberta’s Power System [Posted: April 21, 2020]
- ISO Tariff COVID-19 Payment Deferral Application [Posted: April 16, 2020]
- COVID-19 Related Waiver and Variance Requests [Posted: April 7, 2020]
Using Zoom for External Stakeholder Engagement Sessions
Thank you to all stakeholders who submitted feedback to the AESO on the use of Zoom. Based on this feedback, the AESO’s own security assessment and the use of Zoom for governments, post-secondary institutions and other companies, we have decided for now to continue using Zoom for our stakeholder engagements until such time that face-to-face engagements are allowed.
For those stakeholders who have policies against the use of Zoom we offer the following to ensure you can participate in a meaningful way:
- Zoom allows you to join via conference call with no requirement to connect via your computer. You will be able to attend like a standard conference call. Session materials will be made available in advance
- AESO non-regulatory stakeholder engagement session recordings and AESO regulatory stakeholder consultation session detailed minutes are posted to the AESO website at www.aeso.ca as matter of standard practice. This allows you to review these once they are posted
- As always, you may submit written feedback to the AESO on the contents of the session
Please note that for smaller business meetings, the AESO will continue to use Skype for Business. Zoom is used for larger stakeholder engagement sessions only.
We would like to thank all stakeholders for their understanding and support as we work to ensure your participation is meaningful, inclusive and accessible.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Business meetings and stakeholder engagement sessions
Please note the following changes we have implemented:
- All business meetings with external stakeholders will be via phone or webinar indefinitely (this includes stakeholder engagement sessions). AESO staff are not permitted to attend in-person meetings at other organizations and are not allowed to host in-person meetings at the AESO.
We will continue to monitor developments and provide updates to our stakeholders as necessary. We appreciate your understanding and flexibility. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com