2021 Long-Term Outlook
The 2021 LTO will be used as the forecast of Alberta’s load and generation requirements over the next 20 years and is used as one of many inputs to guide transmission system planning, long-term adequacy assessments, and market evaluations.
And while load growth is expected in the near term due to economic recovery as COVID-19 health restrictions ease, moderate load growth is expected over the next 20 years — but at a lower rate than in the previous 20-year period.
Stakeholder Feedback | 2021 LTO
We value stakeholder input and thank you for sharing your perspectives with us. View all stakeholder comments received on the 2021 LTO preliminary scenarios and the 2021 LTO in materials below.
- Stakeholder Comments | 2021 LTO Scenarios [Posted: January 2021]
- Presentation | 2021 LTO Scenarios [Updated: December 15, 2020]
- Stakeholder Comments | 2021 LTO [Posted: July 2020]
- Webinar Recording | Information Session [Posted: July 20, 2021]
- Presentation | Information Session [Revised: July 16, 2021]
- Agenda | Information Session [Posted: July 14, 2021]
- Key highlights [Posted July 15, 2021]
- Report | 2021 Long-term Outlook [Posted: June 29, 2021]
- Data file | 2021 Long-term Outlook data file [Updated: Aug. 11, 2021]
- Data file | Annual Charts (Tableau) [Posted: June 29, 2021]
- Data file | Hourly Load Charts (Tableau) [Posted: June 29, 2021]