Long-term Transmission Plan
We publish our proposed transmission development plans every two years in the AESO Long-term Transmission Plan. It explains the general timing and location of transmission facilities required for the next 20 years to meet electricity needs, operate the electricity market, and support Alberta’s economic development.
Our transmission plans are flexible, allowing for potential generation developments and changes in the provincial economy. They are guided by Alberta’s Electric Utilities Act and Transmission Regulation.
2020 Long-term Transmission Plan
The 2020 Long-term Transmission Plan (2020 LTP) identifies current and future transmission needs for a range of possible demand and generation conditions, and sets out flexible plans to respond to them.
Download our 2020 Long-term Transmission Plan and related documents here:
- AESO 2020 Long-term Transmission Plan [Posted: Jan. 31, 2020]
- 2020 Single Line Diagrams (SLDs) [Posted: Jan. 31, 2020]
- AESO 2020 Telecommunication Long-term Plan [Posted: Jan. 31, 2020]
- 2020 LTP Stakeholder Information Session PPT Presentation [Posted: Feb. 5, 2020]
- 2020 LTP Stakeholder Information Session Webinar Recording [Posted: Feb. 6, 2020]
2017 Long-term Transmission Plan
Download our 2017 Long-term Transmission Plan and related documents here: