Vauxhall Area Transmission Development (7075)
Recent studies have shown the existing transmission system in the Vauxhall area needs to be enhanced to continue to reliably connect new generation in the area. The AESO is proposing to increase the capacity of the existing 138 kilovolt (kV) transmission line 610L by adding a new 138 kV transmission line between the Fincastle 336S and Taber 83S substations. Once the new 138 kV transmission line is in service, the existing transmission line 610L is expected to be removed. The AESO is also proposing to increase the line rating of the existing 138 kV transmission line 879L near the Bowmanton 244S substation.
Please see the documents below for more information on the need for this development.
AltaLink Management Ltd (AltaLink) is the transmission facilities owner (TFO) in the area. While the AESO is responsible for identifying that transmission system development is needed, AltaLink is responsible for detailed siting and routing, constructing, operating, and maintaining the associated transmission facilities. Please visit AltaLink’s website at www.altalink.ca for further information.
Needs Identification Document
Vauxhall Area Transmission Development Needs Identification Document which includes a request for specific and limited exception under Section 15(2) of the Transmission Regulation [Posted: Nov. 15, 2022]
- Appendix A - Planning Report
- Appendix B - Congestion Assessment
- Appendix C - TFO Environmental and Land Use Effects Assessment
- Appendix D - TFO Cost Estimates
- Appendix E - AESO PIP Summary
- Appendix F - Stakeholder Engagement Survey
Notice of Filing
- Vauxhall Area Transmission Development Notice of Filing [Posted: Nov. 1, 2022]
The AESO intends to file the Vauxhall Area Transmission Development Needs Identification Document (NID) application with the Alberta Utilities Commission (AUC) on or after November 15, 2022.
- Vauxhall Area Transmission Development Project Newsletter [Posted: April 5, 2022]
Please contact us directly with questions or comments about the need for this transmission reconfiguration at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-888-866-2959.
- AESO NID Filed: Vauxhall Area Transmission Development
- Vauxhall Area Transmission Development Notice of Filing